Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Vegan Review: HomeSlyce Pizza


Several weeks ago, Mr. Not-So-Vegan & I took a mini vacation to Maryland. This trip started out as just concert tickets to see our favorite band on Saturday night, but it turned into a two-night/ three-day trip that was amazing.

Being a new city is exciting; there are new places to go, new things to see, and of course new restaurants to try!

I want to share with you all a review of one of the restaurants that we tried while we were in Baltimore.

We spent the Saturday afternoon before the concert exploring the Federal Hill district of Baltimore, where we stumbled upon the first new restaurant that we tried, a quaint little pizza bar called HomeSlyce.

I actually found this restaurant on my ‘Happy Cow Veggin Out’ App, which is available for free on both the Apple App Store and the Android App Store. If you haven’t checked it out yet, I definitely recommend it. It allows you to check for grocery stores and restaurants nearby your location with vegan and vegetarian options.

HomeSlyce features made to order pizzas and a large selection of beers and liquors.

Found on the corner of Light Street and Barney Street in the midst of a neighborhood of row houses, Homeslyce has a great neighborhood bar feel. It has a great wooden bar, equipped with matching bar stools, and several tables scattered throughout the restaurant area. They have a pool table in the bar, but they advertise free shuffleboard. I didn’t take advantage of these sports, because let’s be honest I don’t know how to play shuffleboard, but I bet they would be a whole lot of fun. Especially while having some drinks with friends.

While we were eating, we only saw two other tables of people and they both were local families with children; so I think it is safe to say they are an all ages restaurant, at least during the day.

While they do provide you with a menu for pizza and sodas, all of the alcohol options are written on large chalkboard panels on the wall, which I always think looks really cool.

On their menus, they have very clearly listed what the vegan options are in bright red lettering. I always appreciate when restaurants go out of their way to label their menus with vegetarian and vegan options. This allows for easy menu reading on my part, plus I feel like I don’t have to bother the restaurant staff with all of my questions.

Now, let’s get down to our orders!

For any of you who know Mr. Not-So-Vegan, he isn’t so keen on vegan food. Therefore he was overjoyed to see meat & cheese options. He stuck with the traditional half cheese and half pepperoni pie.



My order on the other hand, was a little more adventurous. I loaded up my pizza with vegan steak strips, spinach, pineapple, red onion, mushrooms, and of course vegan cheese.



 I personally think my pizza looks way better, but of course that's just my opinion! 


Give them a like on facebook, & of course, stop in for great pizza sometime! 

Join the conversation on faceboook!



1 comment:

  1. With a commitment to crafting excellent pizza, Crust Pizza Co. brings a culinary experience like none other
    Order now Crust Pizza Co. - Lake Charles, La

    ReplyDelete