Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kitchen Remodel & Blog Relaunch!!


It has been a really long time since I posted anything, in fact I think that we can all agree that it has been to long. These last few months have been really hectic as my family and I have been getting our kitchen re-done.

I am happy to report that it is almost done. The only things to be done are all minor details.

After several months of not being able to cook a decent meal, it sure is nice to have my kitchen back.

A few of you have been asking for pictures of my kitchen transformation, so I decided to oblige! 

Let's get started! 


This was what my kitchen looked like pre-renovation. Well, to be more accurate, this was the day that the renovation started. The cabinet on the far right actually had a drawer it, by the time I remembered to take a picture we had already started to take out the first few cabinets. 

My parents and I (read: mostly my parents) did a lot of the grunt work ourselves. I worked on taking off some of the wallpaper. We took out the half wall, the floors, and of course all the cabinets. 

That left us with this: 


This was what was left of my kitchen for several months while different contractors were coming in and taking measurements, drawling up plans, and filling orders. 

While my kitchen was nothing more then a pipe in the floor, we moved our essentials into the family room on to a make shift continental cart. 



Here is our little kitchenette, complete with a microwave, coffeepot, toaster over, and all the throw away plates and silverware you could imagine.

It was really hard to do any amount of cooking here. If it couldn't be toasted, microwaved, and completely prepared on plastic dinnerware then it probably had to be take-out or eat out. 



It had been an exciting couple of months, but I'm excited to get back into a real functioning kitchen. 

Here's some shots of the new kitchen, I think it looks fantastic. 



It's so nice to finally have my work space back! Here is my favorite part of the kitchen, my new pantry. :) 



I can't wait to do a whole bunch of cooking in my fabulous new kitchen, which of course I will being sharing with all of you! In fact you can be on the look out for new posts every Tuesday and Thursday!

You can keep with all things vegan, by following & YES, it's Vegan! on facebook and pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment