Monday, March 3, 2014

White-Gravy Smothered Biscuits


I have been so ready for summer since basically January 1st and yet the East Coast is once again getting snow. I am so over the cold weather, so much in fact that I avoided going out; especially to the grocery store where everyone is buying milk and bread like it is going out of style.

So, I felt like getting a little bit creative for tonight’s Meatless Monday recipe. So join me on this adventure and let’s have breakfast for dinner!
___________________________
White-Gravy Smothered Biscuits

You will need:
Warm biscuits, I’m using Crescent Rolls
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup flour
1 T of vegan butter
Salt and peper to taste

Directions: 
1. Cook the biscuits  like the directions on the package. 



2. In a large cup or bowl, mix together the flower and milk until it becomes one consistency. 

3. Melt the butter in the pan and then pour in the flour/milk mixture. 

4. Add in salt and peper to taste.

5. Stir until a gravy like consistency is reached.


Scoop over the biscuits and serve! 


It is a delicious southern meal, perfect for any time of day. 

Try it out & let me know what you think! 
Join the conversation on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment