Wednesday, December 18, 2013

5 Great Gift Ideas for the Vegan on your Christmas list!


Today marks exactly one week from Christmas and I don’t know about you, but I’m not even close to done with my shopping.

In fact, I haven't even figured out what I'm getting for half of the people on my list. So in case you, like myself, are a horrible procrastinator or you can't come up with any good ideas, I've complied the following list. 


5 Great Gift Ideas for the Vegan on your Christmas list! 

1. Kitchen Accessories

If they, like myself, are into cooking and baking, you can not go wrong with kitchen tools and utensils! 

Ceramic knives, like this one, are always a safe bet. I mean, who couldn't use more knives in their kitchen?! I'd recommend going with a pairing knife perfect for cutting up fruits and peeling vegetables. 

You can never go wrong with cute little animals, I mean how could anyone not like these adorable animal salt and pepper shakers?!

2. Cookbooks

A book full of new and exciting recipes to try? Yes please! 

I would recommend either PETA's College Cookbook or this book from the Post Punk Kitchen. 

3. Gift Cards

I know this seems like an obvious choice, but a gift card to your vegan's favorite restaurant, local famers market, or even a specialty grocery store like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

4. A Charitable Donation

If the vegan on your list is really passionate about animal rights, a donation to an animal rights group on their behalf makes a great gift. 

I would recommend the ASPCA, Humane Society, or you can always find a local shelter here

5. Go Vegan!

If you are looking for something really special, a pledge to go vegan or vegetarian. Even if it is only for one day a week for the next year! 

If you are open to trying new things with the person you love, you give them the opportunity to share something they are truly passionate about. What could be better then to explore new things with someone special?!




No comments:

Post a Comment