Monday, December 30, 2013

Vegetable Stuffed Green Peppers


I have always been a fan of stuffed peppers, and it’s easy to substitute Boca crumbles for the meat in a traditional recipe, but I wanted to make a recipe for an all veggie pepper filling. 


I've been playing around with this one all day, but I think I've finally found a winner. 

_____________
Vegetable Stuffed Green Peppers

Note: This recipe makes enough for three peppers but if you cooking for someone that doesn't like peppers, like I was today, just put the stuffing in foil and bake it! 

Ingredients: 

3 peppers
2 potatoes
1 medium sized carrot
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 small jar of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of ketchup 
3 Tbs of barbecue sauce

Directions: 
1.  Cut a whole in the top of the peppers and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Set them aside. 

2. Mince the garlic, onion, and mushrooms and place them into a bowl. 

3. Peel and slice the carrot and potatoes. I recommend using smaller chunks. 

4. Mix the carrots and potatoes into the bowl of garlic, onion, and mushrooms. 

5. Mix in the tomato sauce, ketchup, and barbecue sauce and stir thoroughly. 




Stuff the peppers with the mixture, packing it in so that it is solid. 


Bake them in the oven at 350* for about an hour or until the potatoes are soft enough to eat! 



Don't these look delicious?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment