Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Vegan Review: Mellow Mushroom


Last week my boyfriend and I celebrated an anniversary at the restaurant of my choosing. This year, I chose what I thought was a new local restaurant. As it turns out, I was mistaken and this new restaurant is a national chain.

I’m talking about Mellow Mushroom, a delightful pizza restaurant with a psychedelic flair.


I mean, how cute is this mushroom? This little guy is smiling right on the front of every to-go box and he perfectly matches the decor. 


For those of you who live in Richmond, this new location is on Carry Street in the heart of Carrytown. For those of you who live elsewhere, check the Mellow Mushroom website for a location near you. (:

They have quite an extensive menu, which at my location includes Daiya vegan cheese. 

I ordered a small pizza, which is 4 slices & perfect for one or two. The crust is normally brushed with a butter and a garlic sauce, both of which are not vegan. I asked for these sauces to be left off, but the gluten-free crust is also vegan. 

While any vegetables can be added to a pie, I chose to only add mushrooms and to only add them to half of my pie. 


Here is a slice, from the half with cheese. This oven baked deliciousness was the perfect combination of bread, tomato, and cheesy goodness. 


Add some mushrooms and red pepper flakes.... and BAM! This pizza goes one step further then amazing. 

A good vegan pizza is hard to find, especially on that tastes like pizza. On top of serving good pizza, they also have a great bar, and like I mentioned earlier the atmosphere was awesome. 

While we did have to wait close to thirty minutes for a table, I could totally see this being a great place to grab a bite to eat & a drink with friends after work or school; but I also saw lots of families eating a casual friday night dinner. 

If you find that there is a Mellow Mushroom near you, I definitely think that you should give it a try and of course let me know what you think! (: 

Join the conversation on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment