Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013: Vegan Macaroni and Cheese


One of my favorite things to eat, both as a child and now as an adult, is macaroni and cheese. In fact, as a kid I'm quite sure I lived off of Kraft Mac & Cheese; but with the powdered 'cheese', milk, and butter it isn't the healthiest option.

Of course, going vegan makes finding a quality substitute a challenge. I've played around with different recipes and tried many different things. 

I showed you guys this quick microwave version, but today I want to share with you my favorite recipe for vegan friendly macaroni and cheese, that even the non-vegans will enjoy! (: 
__________________
Vegan Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 lbs of macaroni noodles 
1 1/2 cups of soy milk
1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
1 1/4 cups of water
3/4 cup of oil
1/2 block of firm tofu
1 tbsp salt 
1/2 tbsp of garlic salt
1/2 tbsp of onion powder
1 tbsp of mustard
1/3 cup of soy sauce

Directions: 
1. Boil the noodles, drain them, and place them into an 8x13 inch pan. 

2. Mix the all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until thoroughly mixed together. 

3. Pour this mixture over the noodles.

Bake @ 350* for 20 minutes or until golden brown. 

Enjoy!

Join the conversation on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment