Monday, November 11, 2013

Meatless Monday: Vegan Stir Fry


It’s Monday, which is not a fun day.
I would guess, your want to try something meatless.

Okay, so maybe I’m not the best at rhymes but I’ll bet you will love this stir-fry recipe.

_______________________
Vegan Stir Fry

Ingredients:
Canola Oil
Rice
Assorted Vegetables*
Soy Sauce (or other preferred sauce)

*I recommend using some or all of the following: mushrooms, onions, carrots, bean sprouts, peppers, zucchini, water chestnuts, baby corn, or really any other vegetable that you like. Your options are limitless!!

Directions:
1. Boil rice per the directions on the rice package.

2. Chop the veggies to the desired consistency.

3. Place them in a hot and oiled pan and cook them until as desired.


Frying Tip: I like to add water into my vegetables while they are cooking. I use a squeeze bottle but a cup works too! This extra water adds moisture to you veggies, which helps them from drying out. It also allows you to cut down on the oil that you need to use, which helps cut down on the fat.

4. When the veggies are close to done, mix the rice and soy sauce into the pan and mix together.

Serve & Enjoy!!
What veggies are you using? I’d love to see your spin on this delicious dish!!

Join the conversation on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment