Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Vegan Review: Burger Works!


Over the weekend, me and my special someone tried a new restaurant called Burger Works. The location by our houses is relatively new to the Richmond area restaurant and neither of us had ever been there before.

Having never heard anything about the food we thought we would give it a try. Actually, he picked it because he thought they might have options for both of us and they did.

Burger Works sells made to order burgers customized for each person. You can pick everything you want to be on your burger or for that matter everything you want left off.

They start with the type of burger that you want; the vegan option is a grilled portabella mushroom cap.

Next, you choose the bread that you want. Unfortunately, all of the bread options contain eggs but they do have 2 bread free options. The first is a bed of mixed greens and the second is a bed of iceberg lettuce.

Then you can choose all the veggies that you would want to add on. These include all of the usual options; onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, pickles, etc..

Then you can choose your toppings, I choose a Balsamic Port Wine Glaze, which is vegan, but it is also kind of sour. Lucky for me I tasted it before I put it on my food and decided to leave it off.

Check out the Burger Works menu for the complete list of what they offered. 

Here is my order: A your way burger, made with a marinated mushroom cap over a bed of mixed greens. I added onions, avocados, and tomatoes.

The marinade on the mushroom cap was plenty to flavor the whole ‘burger’.



This was a delicious meal and it paired great with their fries, which are also vegan and cooked in vegetable oil. 

I'd also like to give a big shout out to my waitress, who answered all my questions. I believe she said her name was Katie, but she is a vegetarian and was super thorough about checking every ingredient list for me. She was great! 

You can check out there website to find out more information. 
Give them a try and then join the conversation on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment