Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hummus and Crackers, a Vegan treat!


Tonight is the start of the Olympics, which I am super excited about. While watching the ice-skating tonight, which is by far my favorite event at the winter games, I ‘made’ this quick snack.

If you are looking for a great, super easy, and perfect for TV snack try this great hummus and cracker combination.


My favorite store bought hummus is by far the Sabra Classic Hummus. It has a really great constancy, somehow being both thick and creamy.



It contains just a few ingredients, including chickpeas, tahini, soy, garlic, salt, and a few others just to maintain freshness.

A serving, which is 2 table spoons, contains 70 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 0 grams of cholesterol. 

I love to pair a nice cracker with this hummus and my cracker of choice is the Reduced Fat Wheat Thins


A serving, which is 16 crackers, contains 130 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, and 0 cholesterol. 


This delicious snack is 200 calories and had less then 10 grams of fat. 
Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

Join the conversation on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment