Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Vegan Review: Outback Steakhouse


A vegan walks into a steakhouse….

That is not a joke ladies and gentleman. Tonight I joined my parents for dinner at Outback Steakhouse.

Tonight, with every purchase you could get a Bloomin Onion in honor of the LSU victory in the Outback Bowl.

Unfortunately, Outback uses beef grease in their fryers. This means that nothing cooked in a fryer, rather it be the Bloomin Onion or plain ol’ french fries, is vegetarian let alone vegan.

Here is my order: 

A house salad, hold the cheese and the croutons. I asked for a side of slivered almonds as well. I choose oil and vinegar as my dressing this evening, but the Tangy Tomato dressing is also vegan (it's the Outback version of french dressing). 



A plain baked potato, with nothing on it. 


I bring a small little container of my vegan butter with me, so that I have more options as to what I can order. I've never had anyone say anything to me and I never feel weird about bringing outside food in, because it is a condiment and like I said it only gives me more options. 

So there you have it, my delicious & vegan meal from Outback Steakhouse. 


Enjoy! 
Join the conversation on facebook
Check us out on pinterest


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Have to go there for a business meeting tomorrow and dreading it. Will bring some Earthbalance with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I can’t beleibe they use beef grease ugh whyyy!!!! Why can’t they just use vegetable oil?! Ugh, regardless their bread is amazing! But don’t they have spaghetti or that walla halla pasta that is vegetarian and perhaps without cream can be vegan?

    ReplyDelete