Wednesday, January 15, 2014

'Meaty' Spaghetti gone Vegan!


Tonight’s recipe is actually inspired by my Mom, who has always strived to put a meal on the table every night that everyone in my family will eat.

This was probably hard enough to do when I was growing up, because I was pretty picky eater. After I went vegan, family meals got harder and harder.

This meal is a healthier vegan alternative to what was a staple meal in my household growing up.
__________________
‘Meaty’ Spaghetti Delight! 

You Will Need:
Spaghetti
Tomato sauce*
1 bag of Boca crumbles

*I am using PREGO Traditional Pasta Sauce, but you can use what ever vegan sauce you prefer. Keep an eye out for milk, cheese, or meat by-products in the ingredient list!  


Directions: 
1. Boil water and cook your pasta per the directions on the packaging. Keep in mind the number of people you are serving. 

2. In a medium size sauce pan, mix in the bag of crumbles and the jar of sauce. **

3. Allow this to simmer for awhile, until the crumbles are done and the sauce is warm. 

**Keep in mind the crumbles will absorb some of the liquid in the sauce.

This makes an amazing and quick meal that even my very carnivorous parents enjoy. 



In comparison to lean ground beef, the crumbles have less then one gram of fat per serving, roughly the same amount of protein, more fiber, and less cholesterol. 

Join the conversation on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment