Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Vegan Beef Stew!


Growing up, one of the staples in my household was always stew. For us, cold weather meant a can of beef stew or Brunswick stew and some butter bread would inevitably be for dinner.

Now that I am vegan, those can soups aren’t really an option. Luckily, I have created this delicious vegan version that is healthier and in my opinion tastier.

This stew is a combination of the beef stew and brunswick stew that I used to eat as a kid. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as me and my family did! 
________________
Vegan Beef Stew!

You will need:
4 potatoes, chopped into cubes
1 can of peas, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of sliced carrots, drained
2 cups of water
2 cups of vegetable broth
1/3 cup of soy sauce
2 tbs of vegan butter
2 tbs of cornstarch
1/2 tbs of basil
2 tbs of onion
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Chop the potatoes and put them in a microwave safe bowl, microwaving them for around 3 minutes or until partially soft. 

2. Add the potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, onions, water, vegetable broth, and soy sauce to a large soup pot. 

3. Turn on high and add the basil, salt, pepper, and 'beef-less' tips. 

4. Bring to a boil and add in the butter and cornstarch. 

5. Allow to boil for about 2 minutes, then bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. 

Serve & enjoy!


Join the conversation on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment