Friday, January 3, 2014

Vegan Cheese & Veggie Quesadilla


Tonight I’m sharing with you one of my favorite meals! In fact I’ve always loved Mexican food, but finding good vegan friendly food at any restaurant near me is hard. So, I ventured to make my own. (:

This recipe actually comes to you straight from my dad, who has become quite the vegan chef over the past few years.

________________________
Vegan Cheese & Veggie Quesadilla

You Will Need:
Flour tortillas
Salsa (I’m using mild, but you can use which ever one you prefer.)
Onions, finely chopped  
Black beans
Vegan cheese
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
1. Sauté the onions in olive oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.

2. Drain and rinse the beans, adding them into the pan with onions.

3. Add in the desired amount of salsa and a handful of shredded vegan cheese.

4. Stir this mixture and let it simmer for about two minutes.

5.  Brush both sides of a tortilla with olive oil.

6. Then put your mixture onto half of the tortilla and put the tortilla into a frying pan.

7. Cook until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side. 


Seriously, how delicious does this look?! 

Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

Join the conversation on facebook.
Check us out on pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment