Monday, October 7, 2013

Meatless Monday: Grilled Mushroom Sandwich


After a slam packed weekend of work and fun, I woke up exhausted. It certainly didn’t help that today was Monday.

Therefore, tonight’s dinner is going to be super simple.

________________________

Grilled Mushroom Sandwich

You Will Need:
A frying pan
A knife and fork
Paper towels
Toaster

Ingredients:
10-15 medium or large mushroom slices
2 slices of bread
Olive Oil
Sandwich Spread*
Lettuce, onion, tomato, or your other favorite veggies (optional)

Directions:
1. Toast bread.

2. Sauté mushrooms in olive oil, until they become dark brown in color and soft.

3. Smooth sandwich spread across bread.

4. Using your fork pull the sauté mushrooms from the oil, blotting the excess oil off with the paper towels.

5.  Put the mushrooms on your bread and add your other vegetables to you sandwich.

Note: I used Smart Balance Light, but you can also Vegenaise or your favorite dressing. I am using the Cobblestone Mills San Francisco Style Sourdough Bread, but any bread will do. 


If you like mushrooms, you will love this sandwich. I enjoyed mine with some Stacy's Whole Grain Pita Chips. 


As you can see, my sandwich lacks any vegetables. This is because I didn't have any fresh vegetables at my house and going to the store tonight was out of the question. (I told you guess I was exhausted).  Normally I like some fresh lettuce, a nice slice of tomato, and some red  onion. 

If you try this recipe, comment below and let me know what you think. 

Also, follow us on facebook so you'll never miss another post! 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment