Friday, October 11, 2013

Skittles


Like I’ve said before, I’ve got a sweet tooth.
Since last week I talked about chocolate, I thought I would mix things up this week and focus on something sweet and fruity.

One of my favorite go to fruity candies is…. Skittles!

Up until 2009 the Skittles sold in the Untied States contained gelatin, which is most commonly made from animal bi-products; while the Skittles sold in other countries (like India) did not contain gelatin and we indeed vegan.

When Mars made the switch over to a gelatin free formula, the candy became both vegan and gluten free.

I don’t think that I need to tell y’all how awesomely fruity Skittles are, as they are a pretty common mainstream candy.

If you have yet to try Skittles, you should really grab a bag. You can find them almost everywhere that sells candy and they are pretty cheap too!

This time of year you can also find them in the individual bags, perfect for giving out on Halloween.

In fact, I know that I will be giving out Skittles, among other things, to my trick or treaters this year; I love that they are guilt free for me to buy, plus I can eat whatever candy I have left over! (:


You can always check the back of  you Skittles bag for the words "Gelatin-Free" to ensure that your candy is vegan!

What candy will you be giving out on Halloween? 

As always, check us out on facebook so you will never miss another post!
Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment