Tuesday, October 1, 2013

One Fantastic Salad!


Fast food chains have infiltrated America, and sometimes it seems like they are on every corner. Along with the traditional drive through food, some of the restaurants have begun to offer vegan or vegetarian options (which is SUPER exciting). While these options may not be widely advertised, they do exist.

I want to highlight some of these fast food chains that have vegan options, and highlight some really great meat free fast food options.

__________________________________

Today I want to focus on an AWESOME salad available at Chick-fil-A. 

For those of you who don't know, Chick-fil-A is a fast food restaurant that is found mostly in the southern part of the United States. They are famous for their chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, and ads featuring cows pleading people to 'Eat Mor Chikin'. 

I often eat at Chick-fil-A while I am on my break at work, partially because there isn’t a whole lot of choice in the mall food court and partially because I just love eating this salad.

My Order: The Grilled Market Salad Base with no Blue Cheese.

A ‘salad base’ is Chick-fil-A lingo for the salad with no chicken. By ordering this way, Chick-fil-A actually charges you less money for the salad, since you aren’t getting the chicken.

This salad is composed of a healthy mixed greens, apple slices, strawberry halves, and blueberries. In addition to all that, they give you a side of mixed nuts and a side of granola.

For dressing, Chick-fil-A recommends their Apple Cider dressing but I prefer the Berry Balsamic dressing instead as I like the way that it compliments the fresh berries.

This salad is delicious, filling, inexpensive, and easy. I would definitely recommend it. 

You can click here to find the Chick-fil-A near you. 

If you try this salad, I would love to know what you think!
Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment